This is a practical one day course, suitable for beginners, and will introduce the student to a variety of techniques. The student will learn a number of technical skills and will create a number of hats during the class duration. It is an intensive class which allows the students to depart with a number of fascinators by the end of the day! The student will learn:
- Basic Millinery techniques, such as working with sinamay one of the main fabrics used in Millinery.
- Using stripping to create sculptural organic pieces.
- Creating bases for the chosen hat.
- Working with Millinery wire.
- How to manipulate feathers.
- Mounting pieces on a comb, headband or base with elastic and much more.
All equipment and materials are provided!
The course is a one day intensive course Saturday only from 10:00 - 16:00. Contact the college directly for dates of upcoming courses.
Fee per class: €200. Price includes all materials and equipment
How to Apply
Please download the millinery application form, and send it to the Mallow College of Design & Tailoring with the course fee. Fees must be paid in full before the commencement of the course as per the application form.