MCDT respects your privacy and is committed to maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of the personal information we collect.
The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to tell you what information MCDT collects from you, how and when it may be collected and what happens to it. For the purpose of this Privacy Notice, “we” and “us” refers to MCDT.
Personal Information is any personal identifiable information, such as your email address, name, home or work address, telephone number, bank details or online identifier, which can directly or indirectly identify you. We refer to it as “Personal Information” here.
When do we collect information about you?
- Information you give us. You may provide Personal Information when you: (i) access MCDT website, (ii) request, purchase and use a service from us, (iii) communicate with MCDT via phone calls, chat, email, web forms, social media and other methods of communication
The types of data we collect
Contact Information includes your name, telephone numbers, postal addresses, email addresses, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of MCDT.
Transactional Information includes information about the Services you use, and how you interact with us and the Services.
Why we collect your personal information
We collect and use your Personal Information because it is necessary to obtain certain details including Personal Information from you in providing you with the service you have requested and it is in our legitimate interests in the course of operating our business, including:
- Providing the requested service and/or information to you.
- Responding to your queries.
How we use your information
Unless otherwise stated herein, we use your information for providing you the Services that you have requested from us, as referred below:
- To contact you. We use your Contact Information to get in touch with you. Here are some examples of reasons why we might contact you to: communicate with you about your Orders or the Services you use; discuss your interest in taking a
course with us; conduct surveys; send you announcements about the Services; notify you about our upcoming events.
- For Certification purposes. Upon successful course completion, we use your information to provide physical certificates with the assistance of a third party provider. Please note we record our online lectures for the purpose of revision. Students are not obliged to turn on their cameras or mics but in doing so may appear on the recording. Recordings are shared with the participants of that class via private and unlisted links. Any unauthorised sharing of the recordings is prohibited.
How long do we store personal information for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
Security and confidentiality
We employ appropriate security measures to help protect your Personal Information and guard against access by unauthorised persons.
We acknowledge that the information you provide may be confidential. We do not sell, rent, distribute or otherwise make Personal Information commercially available to any third party. We will keep your information confidential and protect it in accordance with our Privacy Notice and all applicable laws.
- You may request access to or copies of the Personal Information that we hold about you. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us at email@example.com
- If you believe that any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will take steps to seek to correct or update any information if we are satisfied that the information we hold is inaccurate. You may request that we restrict our processing.
- You may request that your Personal Information be deleted, where it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed and provided there is no other lawful basis for which we may continue to process such information.
- To the extent we are processing your Personal Information to meet our legitimate interests (as set out above), you may object to the processing of your Personal Information by us. If we are unable to demonstrate our legitimate grounds for that processing, we will no longer process your Personal Information for those purposes.
- You may object to our processing as set out above.
- You may withdraw any consent given to processing.=
- Where we are processing your Personal Information automatically for the purposes of performing our contract with you, you may have the right to request that the Personal Information we hold about you be transferred to a third-party data controller.
Please contact email@example.com and we will assist you and provide you with all rights to which you are entitled in relation to your Personal Information under applicable data protection law.
Any changes we make to our Privacy Notice will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you in email. If you have any questions in relation to this Privacy Notice, or if you would like to contact us to exercise your rights as stated in this Privacy Notice, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance